August 12, 2009

My scrap is honest...

SO SAYS GEOF at Enter the Man-Cave - he's tagged me with an Honest Scrap award. A Google search on the award defines it as the following:

"This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant."


There are also rules for what I must do as an Honest Scrap winner:
1. Link back to the awarder's site
2. Present the Honest Scrap award to 10 other blogs
3. Write 10 honest things about yourself

Well, I accomplished number 1 in the first sentence of this post. Next, I bestow this award to the following 10 bloggers, in alphabetical order:

  • '70s Child - Joe's daily dose of '70s memories and/or memorabilia. I go there every day to feel younger.
  • The 21st Century Man - follow the adventures of John Wildermuth - filmmaker, father, boyfriend, ex-husband and friend - as he tries to discover what it means to be a man in the 21st century. (Read my interview with John here)
  • Dinner with Max Jenke - the tagline is "New Horror Opinions at '80s Prices." Here, Jeff waxes poetic and nostalgic about all things horror - often providing insight I hadn't thought of before.
  • The Dino Lounge - a great blog by Keith, primarily for crooner Dean Martin, but also featuring pics and video from other Rat Packers (including my fave, Sammy Davis, Jr.) and celebrities of that era.
  • Greatest Movie Deaths of All Time - the title pretty much says it all. Video clips of some of greatest demises ever to hit the silver screen. Warning: It's heavy on spoilers and gore.
  • Hear Rock City - if you like rock, pop rock, hard rock, or metal from the '70s/'80/'90s, you have to check out this blog by "Rocket," who posts links for downloading obscure, discontinued, and live bootleg albums from all the genres and eras mentioned above.
  • The Hedgie's Hideaway - follow the adventures of Brian (a fifth-grade teacher from the great state of Delaware) and his family, including daughter Peanut.
  • Kindertrauma - I can never say enough about these guys. They compile and discuss movies, books, TV shows, music, even toys that traumatized you as a child. It could be something made for kids, or something more "grown up" you stumbled upon as a child that scarred you deeply (but you can laugh at now). A fun, cathartic way to relive your childhood and connect with others who share your memories...however traumatizing those memories may be.
  • The Moviezzz Blog - I'll let this blog's own description speak for itself, since I can't describe it any better: "The Moviezzz Blog is a daily blog about film, TV, and the world of pop culture, with an emphasis on the 1980's. Featuring weekly DVD release news, reviews, and features on forgotten films and stars."
  • ZooBorns - your source for a daily dose of "awwww" and "ahhhh." Pics and videos of newborn animals from zoos around the world. One visit will put a smile on your face and lower your blood pressure a few points.

And now, 10 random facts about me:

  1. I will own you on '80s song/artist trivia. (And I'm pretty awesome on '70s songs/artists too.)
  2. I'm really good at storing or packing things for maximum space efficiency. (Just ask my wife.)
  3. I got picked off 2nd base in Little League because I was talking about video games with the other team's shortstop.
  4. I won a Journey Escape t-shirt from 16 magazine.
  5. I actually like Lady GaGa's "Poker Face;" it's got a very '80s synth hook that I dig. (And Chris Daughtry's version takes it to a whole other level.)
  6. I can recite the entire rap interlude from Blondie's "Rapture" from memory.
  7. After I kiss my kids goodbye in the morning, I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand and touch it to my cheek, so it'll be with me all day long.
  8. When I was three, I OD'd on Flintstones vitamins and my parents had to rush me to the hospital.
  9. Longtime guilty pleasure: Cheaters. Train-wreck TV at its finest. I can't not watch it when I catch it while channel surfing. Oh, who am I kidding: I have a Season Pass for it on my TiVo.
  10. My childhood hero was Ken Singleton of the Baltimore Orioles.

FilmFather out!

10 comments:

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Cool post! I follow some of those blogs you list and will plan to check out some of the others. Blondie's "Rapture" = classic! Keep up the great work!!

Jeff Allard said...

Thanks, FF! I appreciate the honor - thanks for thinking of me!

joe said...

I can honestly say in all humility, how appropriate it was placing me at the top of the list.

kindertrauma said...

FilmFather, thanks so much for the kind words. Our dream of being mentioned in the same post as Lady GaGa has finally been realized!-Unk

Rocket said...

WOW! Cool!
Hear Rock City will Proudly Accept...
THANKS!

Keith said...

Thanks. I really appreciate the award. It means a lot. Cheers!

James (SeattleDad) said...

I kind of remember Ken Singleton. Nice list.

Gemma said...

Congratulations! Another well-deserved kudo for a very well written blog. We may see you in lights (or at least doing People Magazine film reviews) someday.

Surfer Jay said...

Flintstones vitamins! OD. Hah, classic.

Anonymous said...

Nice post bro...Very nice.

Watch TV Shows Online

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails