"This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant."
There are also rules for what I must do as an Honest Scrap winner:
1. Link back to the awarder's site
2. Present the Honest Scrap award to 10 other blogs
3. Write 10 honest things about yourself
Well, I accomplished number 1 in the first sentence of this post. Next, I bestow this award to the following 10 bloggers, in alphabetical order:
- '70s Child - Joe's daily dose of '70s memories and/or memorabilia. I go there every day to feel younger.
- The 21st Century Man - follow the adventures of John Wildermuth - filmmaker, father, boyfriend, ex-husband and friend - as he tries to discover what it means to be a man in the 21st century. (Read my interview with John here)
- Dinner with Max Jenke - the tagline is "New Horror Opinions at '80s Prices." Here, Jeff waxes poetic and nostalgic about all things horror - often providing insight I hadn't thought of before.
- The Dino Lounge - a great blog by Keith, primarily for crooner Dean Martin, but also featuring pics and video from other Rat Packers (including my fave, Sammy Davis, Jr.) and celebrities of that era.
- Greatest Movie Deaths of All Time - the title pretty much says it all. Video clips of some of greatest demises ever to hit the silver screen. Warning: It's heavy on spoilers and gore.
- Hear Rock City - if you like rock, pop rock, hard rock, or metal from the '70s/'80/'90s, you have to check out this blog by "Rocket," who posts links for downloading obscure, discontinued, and live bootleg albums from all the genres and eras mentioned above.
- The Hedgie's Hideaway - follow the adventures of Brian (a fifth-grade teacher from the great state of Delaware) and his family, including daughter Peanut.
- Kindertrauma - I can never say enough about these guys. They compile and discuss movies, books, TV shows, music, even toys that traumatized you as a child. It could be something made for kids, or something more "grown up" you stumbled upon as a child that scarred you deeply (but you can laugh at now). A fun, cathartic way to relive your childhood and connect with others who share your memories...however traumatizing those memories may be.
- The Moviezzz Blog - I'll let this blog's own description speak for itself, since I can't describe it any better: "The Moviezzz Blog is a daily blog about film, TV, and the world of pop culture, with an emphasis on the 1980's. Featuring weekly DVD release news, reviews, and features on forgotten films and stars."
- ZooBorns - your source for a daily dose of "awwww" and "ahhhh." Pics and videos of newborn animals from zoos around the world. One visit will put a smile on your face and lower your blood pressure a few points.
And now, 10 random facts about me:
- I will own you on '80s song/artist trivia. (And I'm pretty awesome on '70s songs/artists too.)
- I'm really good at storing or packing things for maximum space efficiency. (Just ask my wife.)
- I got picked off 2nd base in Little League because I was talking about video games with the other team's shortstop.
- I won a Journey Escape t-shirt from 16 magazine.
- I actually like Lady GaGa's "Poker Face;" it's got a very '80s synth hook that I dig. (And Chris Daughtry's version takes it to a whole other level.)
- I can recite the entire rap interlude from Blondie's "Rapture" from memory.
- After I kiss my kids goodbye in the morning, I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand and touch it to my cheek, so it'll be with me all day long.
- When I was three, I OD'd on Flintstones vitamins and my parents had to rush me to the hospital.
- Longtime guilty pleasure: Cheaters. Train-wreck TV at its finest. I can't not watch it when I catch it while channel surfing. Oh, who am I kidding: I have a Season Pass for it on my TiVo.
- My childhood hero was Ken Singleton of the Baltimore Orioles.